Sunday, November 29, 2009

Skin Deep

During my shower this morning, I realized I was running low on my skincare regimen and needed to reorder more. That also reminded me it was time to spill the beans on my skincare regimen, which to date includes the greatest products I've ever used to keep my skin healthy and blemish-free.

During my teen years, I had occasional breakouts, but nothing too crazy. But for some reason when I hit my late 20s, all hell broke loose on my face. I had really bad cystic pimples and nothing seemed to cure them. I was at my wit's end and was considering going to a dermatologist or finally buckle down and try Proactive when I found out about Acne.org. The site was created by just an every-day Average Joe who suffered from acne and ended up developing his own acne-fighting products. The site also includes message boards, his blog and tons of product reviews from users on just about every product you could think of for your skin.

After reading reviews that Acne.org products were better than Proactive -- and cheaper! -- I took the plunge and gave them a shot. After day one I was hooked...the combination of cleanser, medicine and moisturizer was insanely effective for me. My skin has never looked better.

The other part of my skin regimen is something you wouldn't think would work on combo-skin, but it does! It's from a Japanese company called DHC and it's their Deep Cleansing Oil. I know, oil on an oily face so makes no sense! But this stuff is amazing...I use it at night to remove my make-up and impurities from my face before I use the Acne.org cleanser. The Deep Cleansing Oil removes everything without stripping moisture from your skin, so your body does not feel like it has to produce more oil to compensate. My face has never felt more smooth and soft than it has using the oil. Tip: I've been able to find the Deep Cleansing Oil for much cheaper on eBay.

Here's an outline of how I use these products:

Morning
  • Cleanse with Acne.org Cleanser
  • Lightly apply Acne.org Treatment in trouble areas
  • Apply Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti-Sun-Damage Moisture Lotion SPF 28
 Night
  • Apply DHC Deep Cleansing Oil and rub gently in a circular motion for approximately 1 minute. Wet hands and rub face so Cleansing Oil begins to foam, then rinse off.
  • Cleanse with Acne.org Cleanser
  • Apply Acne.org Treatment all over face and let dry completely
  • Apply Acen.org Moisturizer

Alternate: 2 nights a week instead of applying Acne.org Treatment and Moisturizer I apply Acne.org AHA+

No comments:

Post a Comment