Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Website Wednesday -- Etsy

If you've never heard of Etsy and you love unique items like I do, then you'll want to go. Now. Yes, this very minute. :) Etsy is one of the coolest sites I've ever found because I can satisfy my need for both unique and vintage items at the same time. It's just a plethora of fun stuff...you can find everything you possibly need for yourself or presents for others, from baked goods to body scrubs to vintage jewelry. I've made some great purchases over the year on Etsy and I plan to make many more in 2010!

Some of my favorite purchases on Etsy so far have been:


Ravine Repurposed Bag from Hoakon/Helga
Hoakonhelga is one of the coolest bag makers on Etsy. She takes vintage leather items and turns them into beautiful handbags. I love the fact that it's a unique bag no one else has that's reusing material that would normally just be wasted. (Photo of my bag here was borrowed from Hoakon/Helga's Etsy site.)




Tropical Love Necklace from Erinkeys
This necklace is so simple, but I get so many compliments on it! I purchased it for spring/summer last year and got a lot of wear out of it. Being much of my wardrobe tends to be neutral colors, this pop of color was just what I needed. I plan to wear it a lot this year as well! I'm also considering one of her pearl necklaces right now...they're classic, yet vintage and unique. (Photo borrowed from Erinkeys' Etsy site.)


Bath and Body Goodies from Mad City Sue
Unfortunately I haven't ordered from Mad City Sue in a while, but after reading her latest scent descriptions, I need to! MCS makes the most fabulous sugar scrub I've ever tried...it's scrubby, but so moisturizing! Her prices are great, her products are fantastic and she has amazing customer service. As for scents, my favorites are Et Une Rose type (very hard to find and her dupe is amazing!), Creme Vanille, and Pink Frosted Cupcakes.

New Etsy Purchases
I'm currently waiting on two recent Etsy purchases I'm really excited about:


Gunmetal Rose Earrings by Tianarutledge
It's not often you find someone that will make you clip earrings! These are so adorable...I can't wait to get them! (Photo borrowed from Tianarutledge's Etsy site)



Vintage Emmons Designer Earrings from Blisstiques
I saw these and just knew they had to be mine...they're so different and I love the mix of both gold and silver. They'll go with everything! (Photo borrowed from Blisstiques' Etsy site)



1 comment:

  1. Oh thank you so much for featuring me on your blog!!! What a nice surprise!!!

    ReplyDelete